In order to improve the building’s energy performance, a number of Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) were identified and implemented as a result of a comprehensive energy audit. In the year following implementation of these ECMs, the property reduced energy consumption by 28%!
2 Queen Street East is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
GREEN AMENITIES AND HIGHLIGHTS AT 2 QUEEN STREET EAST INCLUDE:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in tenant spaces
- FSC Certified paper products
- Green Cleaning practices
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Waste diversion rate of 72%
At 2 Queen Street East, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.