Brookfield Place Calgary Environmental Scorecard
At Brookfield Place Calgary, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
Brookfield Place Calgary is pursuing Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Core & Shell Gold certification.
Key property features include the use of sustainable building materials, 30% more efficient plumbing fixtures, and the implementation of enhanced Green Cleaning procedures. Brookfield Place Calgary is designed to use 40% less energy than required by the national energy building code through the use of strategies such as energy efficient lighting products, daylight and occupancy sensors, and variable air flow ventilation systems. Building materials selected for the property contained recycled content, were produced locally, or had been certified as sustainably harvested by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Green amenities and highlights at Brookfield Place Calgary include:
- Dedicated access route for cyclists, separating them from vehicular traffic while accessing the parking garage
- FSC Certified paper products
- Green Cleaning practices
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Secure bike parking for cyclists – 328 spaces
- Shower facilities and over 500 lockers
- Tenant bike room and shower facilities
- Waste diversion rate of 70%
- Water fixtures designed to use 30% less than standard plumbing fixtures