At Brookfield Place Toronto, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident both in the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities we offer at the building.
Brookfield Place Toronto is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs, and an Ecozone in the parking garage. The multi-level Ecozone features Electric Vehicle (EV) charging spaces for up to 14 electric or hybrid vehicles. Additionally, the building offers 140 bike spots and provides tenants with access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. At Brookfield Place Toronto, over 92% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation to travel to or from the building.
Brookfield Place Toronto is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
GREEN AMENITIES AND HIGHLIGHTS AT THE BUILDING INCLUDE:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in tenant spaces
- Ecozone in parking garage with EV charging stations
- FSC Certified paper products
- Membership in Clean Building Association
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Waste diversion rate of 84%
- Writing instrument recycling program