Exchange Tower Environmental Scorecard
At Exchange Tower, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
Exchange Tower is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well-established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs, and an Ecozone in the parking garage. The Ecozone features nine Electric Vehicle (EV) charging spaces for electric or hybrid vehicles. Additionally, the building offers bike parking and provides tenants with access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. At Exchange Tower, over 96% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation to travel to or from the building. The washroom plumbing fixtures at Exchange Tower are also 32% more efficient than standard fixtures.
Exchange Tower is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
Green amenities and highlights at Exchange Tower include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- BOMA 360 Pilot Participant
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in tenant spaces
- Ecozone in parking garage with EV charging stations
- FSC Certified paper products
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Waste diversion rate of 90%
- Winner of “Lowest Energy Intensity Award” (over 500,000 sq/ft) in Regional “Greening Greater Toronto” 2012 Awards