First Canadian Place West Environmental Scorecard
At First Canadian Place, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
First Canadian Place is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well-established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs, and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging spaces for electric or hybrid vehicles. The building offers bike parking and provides tenants with access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. At First Canadian Place, over 98% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation to travel to or from the building. The washroom plumbing fixtures at First Canadian Place are also 30% more efficient than standard fixtures.
First Canadian Place is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
Green amenities and highlights at First Canadian Place include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- Ecozone in parking garage with EV charging stations
- FSC Certified paper products
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Waste diversion rate of 86%