At First Canadian Place, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
First Canadian Place is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well-established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs, and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging spaces for electric or hybrid vehicles. The building offers bike parking and provides tenants with access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. At First Canadian Place, over 96% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation to travel to or from the building. Energy performance is another area of focus at the property. They achieved an exemplary energy reduction of 25% between 2008 and 2013!
First Canadian Place is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
Green amenities and highlights at the building include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- Ecozone in parking garage with EV charging stations
- FSC Certified paper products
- Tenant Energy Portal to provide electricity consumption data to tenants
- Waste diversion rate of 73%
1. Percent Savings 2011 vs. 2015 calculations are based on absolute values. The data is not normalized for weather, occupancy or any changes in building operation.