At Hudson’s Bay Centre, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
Hudson’s Bay Centre is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
In addition to being BOMA 360 designated, the property has implemented Brookfield’s national environmental programs and actively manages its energy performance. Finally, Hudson’s Bay Centre offers tenants bike parking and access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. Sustainable modes of transportation are well used at the building and are the primary commuting method for over 92% of building occupants when travelling to or from their workplace.
Green amenities and highlights at the building include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- FSC Certified paper products
- Green Cleaning practices
- Tenant Energy Portal to provide electricity consumption data to tenants
- Waste Diversion Rate of 78%
1. Percent Savings 2011 vs. 2015 calculations are based on absolute values. The data is not normalized for weather, occupancy or any changes in building operation.